E. D. White builds upon a strong tradition of Catholic education begun by the Sisters of Mount Carmel in 1855 and the Brothers of the Sacred Heart in 1891. Dedicated lay men and women who staff E. D. White have taken up the mission of passing on this tradition which emphasizes a values-oriented curriculum, respect for the family, and promotion of the total growth of the individual. In addition, it strives to promote a sense of Church that will be lived out through involvement in local church parishes. The school serves students in grades 8 through 12 and offers a strong college preparatory curriculum as well as a general curriculum. The school is committed to serving the Catholic communities of Thibodaux and the surrounding areas.
E. D. White Catholic High School is open to all students and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, or national origin.
E.D. White roots extend deep into the soil of Bayou Lafourche.