As a graduate of E. D. White Catholic High School, I experienced the most formative years of my life in a setting that promoted faith, academic excellence, and service to others.
As a teacher at EDW, I learned the value of personal attention, accountability, and passion for an amazing vocation in Catholic school education.
As a parent of three EDW graduates, I celebrated successes and challenges with my children, knowing that each experience served as preparation for a bright future.
As an administrator, I am so blessed….to encounter Christ on a daily basis in the students and faculty…to witness tremendous sacrifice and support from parents who want the very best for their children…to welcome home graduates as colleagues, parents, and community leaders…to call a ministry that I love so much my job.
These are the top 10 reasons I love E. D. White, and I know you will, too!
- Endless opportunities for students to grow in faith through personal encounters with Christ as they regularly receive the sacraments and attend daily religion class
- College preparatory curriculum with three tracks to meet the needs of all students
- Wide variety of co-curricular activities that allow students to build self-esteem
- A safe and secure atmosphere where every student is welcomed, loved, and nurtured
- State of the art facilities including 4 science labs, the Academic Enhancement Center, Media Center, Counseling Center, St. Therese Music Hall, and Dr. Morvant Athletic Complex
- An integral part of Thibodaux and the surrounding communities
- Academic Enhancement Department servicing over 165 students with learning differences
- Tremendous sense of “family” among students, faculty, parents, and alumni
- Technological capabilities and 1:1 iPad program reinforcing needed skills to learn and work in the 21st century
- Passionate and dedicated faculty and staff who love their vocation